Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken -Pioneer Woman

Thank you Kelly for introducing me to The Pioneer Woman!!

I tried making her Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken recipe last night and it was amazing!! The meat was super tender and fell off the bone, and the sauce was a great mixture of sweet and tangy. I can't wait for leftovers!!

I tried to take pictures but couldn't find my camera. I ended up using my phone and, well, they aren't the best.

I started by getting everything together. Forget to take pictures until AFTER I had started so I don't have everything pictured!



Then I heated oil and butter in a large pot (I used my dutch oven). I browned both sides of 13 chicken thighs (bone-in and skin-on) then set them on a plate while I made the rest of the recipe in the same pot.


Once the chicken was browned, I took out half of the grease and added a yellow onion that I had chopped. I think next time I will take out MORE grease because, for some reason, I had a lot on top of my finished meal. Next, I added the whiskey. I am not a fan of whiskey so this part was difficult for me. I don't like the smell of it! I let that reduce a bit.


After stirring the whiskey and onion mixture, I added the BBQ sauce, peach preserves, water and Worcestershire sauce then stirred.


I added the chicken back into the pot. I even poured the juice that was on the plate into the pot as well. I put it in the oven for about 2 hours at 300 degrees. I took the pot out of the oven and it smelled great! I put a couple of thighs onto a plate, along with some mashed potatoes and a piece of zucchini bread. I would have liked the sauce to be a little thinker, so I'll keep that in mind next time. It was amazing though! I highly recommend this recipe!!




YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment